Tuesday, December 28, 2010

YOU TENSE!!! RELAX!!!

Like MOST females I too enjoy getting a nice manicure and pedicure whenever my time and budget allows. In fact, I got to get one yesterday after almost two months. Usually when I'm getting a manicure, and they are about to trim my cuticles the manicurist lightly taps my hands, and say these words "RELAX!! RELAX!!" I of course want to punch them when I hear those words because I wouldn't be so tense if I didn't know what was about to happen. You see for some odd reason every manicurist I get loves to cut me. I mean it's practically a blood bath each time I get my hands done. So when they get to that point where I know there are headed for my cuticles I get super tense, and ready to pull my hand back if it even remotely looks like they are going in too deep. Of course no matter how much I tense up or look at them paranoid I got cut. The funny thing is I never stopped getting a manicure, even after I lost count of the times I have been cut. I'll usually go back to the same place until eventually I find a new place I am willing to try. Every time I go into the new place I go in high hopes that this is the place that won't cut me. As I sat in my manicurist station yesterday I noticed that I was half as tense as I would be usually. This was my second time visiting this place, and I was impressed with their work and to top it off I didn't get cut. As I apprehensively sat in the station I noticed that even though I thought she was going to get me she never cut me so I was able to relax a bit more and enjoy the experience (KIND OF!!!!)



All of got me thinking why is it that for the past 6-7 years whenever I got a manicure and I got cut every single time I went back for manicure. It never stopped me from trying it over and over again...however, when we get hurt by people (emotionally) we totally shut off any other possibility. Why is that? Why does a manicure get more chances than someone with real feelings and emotions? See the thing I learned from getting manicures is this...getting cut is inevitable...sometimes its their fault...sometimes its ours...and sometimes its just a lack of experience.  However, that should never stop you from trying it again, and again, and AGAIN!. Because if I never tried different places, and people I would never have found the place I have found, and I would just be walking about with jacked up nails. The same principal and concept applies when it comes to giving people chances and meeting new people. Don't let one bad experience stop you from trying something new, somewhere new, and with someone new.

Thanks to every manicurist who ever cut me :-)

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice Jube. That is definitely one way to put it my friend. Very very nice! =)

    ReplyDelete