Wednesday, December 22, 2010

To Weave or Not To Weave...

It's no secret that I don't know a thing about weave. I know some names, but outside of that I am totally clueless. I feel a bit ignorant, because I was at a Historically Black University for over four years, attend a majority black church, my hair stylist/aunt is black...and so is mostly everyone I associate with in Houston including my Houston side of the family. Well I'm not 100% clueless while driving to Dallas from Houston I got a crash course on weave 101 thanks to my girl Whitney. I think for the most part everything I have wanted to do with my hair I have done in the past decade from color to cut. There are two more things I want to do...one is get a faux-hawk and the other is try weave. I have legit reasons for wanting to try weave it is not to fit in or anything like that and my reasons are as follows:


  • Take some stress of my hair (heat, blowing drying. styling...etc)
  • Try a new hair style before I totally chop off my hair


Ok that's all I got, but HEY! They are legit reasons...I just feel like my hair would really appreciate the break from my flat iron, while I do it to someone else's hair (probably from India). Well the hair cut I want is a pretty drastic change my semi long locks that I have been sporting for over a year now.
Current Hair Length

Hairstyle I want to convert too






As you can see that's a big change...so I would like a live demonstration prior to getting the actual hair cut on what it will look like on me and how I would cope with having such a short do after not having it that short since 2005. Well here's my reservation...I feel like people might make fun of me for taking "the black girl thing" too far. I'm quite often mistaken for being mixed with black (Side note: after watching a 6 hour documentary on India it's quite possible that down the line it is very possible), and sometimes I just go along with it, but I don't want to do something that could cause someone to write a rant about how their culture is being exploited like I did couple of entries ago. So here it is...to weave or not to weave....yes it's something I have wanted for a while now, but how offensive would it, and would people think I am just trying to be someone I am not...(make sense?)

2 comments:

  1. I say you cut you hair like that. Do it!! You'd be HAWT!!! (Not that your not already but just sayin).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah well thanks darling...but you know how you have something you want to do and you're like curious till you do it...lol yea...I was thinking about it today while taking a shower :-) slightly obsessive compulsive.

    ReplyDelete