Thursday, December 30, 2010

So Long....Farewell.....I LOVE to say GOODBYE!

Dear 2010,
 You have given me 365 days. Some good...some bad...and the other days I just wasn't sure how to feel about you. I have given it much thought, and I have come to the realization that it's time to say good bye. I look at our time together as a game of basketball game. I played a lousy first half (January-June)...I fumbled...I fell for the same fake tricks here and there, and sometimes it felt like I was blind passing. Half time came around...coach called us in a huddle...upon hearing his words being spoken a fire was lit in me. I wanted to do better...no more slacking. So for the second half of the game I did my best. There were times where even I thought I wasn't going to be able to make it, but my side of the bleachers were filled with amazing people who constantly cheered for me even when I didn't know what I was doing.

There will be days I will look back at you and say "I wish I had done this differently...or maybe if that didn't happen", but the truth of the matter is it all happen, and you taught more than ever that I needed to trust in my father above all. I have high hopes for 2011 and I. I think we are going to be a better fit.I also think this is going to be a better opportunity for me to keep cultivating my relationship with my heavenly father. Dear 2010...thanks for ALL the GREAT memories...thanks for teaching me some amazing lessons...above all thank you for making me a stronger and better person.

Sincerely Signed,
JLK

3 comments: