Saturday, December 18, 2010

A little crack never hurts

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains 
And If I stumble again
I'm caught in our grace
Everlasting, Your light will shine 
When all else fails 
Neverending, your glory goes 
Beyond all fame

In the beginning of this year my flat iron of 5 years went to flat iron heaven. Lucky for me one of my girl friends had spend the night and I got to use her flat iron for the next morning, and my aunt is an hair stylist so I could borrow one of hers till I get my own. So as I stood around the bathroom talking to her about the next flat iron I would invest in I asked her opinions on her Chi iron. She started telling me about how she loved it, and how one time when she was over at her dad's house she dropped it on his floor, and it cracked. She thought for sure the flat iron would never work again, but to her surprise and in her words "it's never worked better". It kind of got me started on a thought process about  the type of people God uses in his kingdom to advance it. For example, Moses he was darn near convinced he couldn't save his people because he has a stuttering problem. Or Saul (Paul) who was out to persecute Christians, but ended up being one of the most radical people for Christ. See all these people had a little crack in them, and like my friend thought that was the end of it for her iron society probably never gave them a second glance. I mean why would they? They had other people who could speak better than them, probably knew the word of God inside and out, and probably could speak in Greek, Hebrew, Latin, Pig Latin...you name it they probably knew it. But as the old adage goes "God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called"


Above is one of my favorite lyrics to date because it truly shows God for who he is. What is GRACE? Simply put Grace is unmerited favor or God's Redemption At Christ Expense. Grace is knowing that you can look at your past and not be ashamed of it. I thank God for covering my past with his Grace even on thinks I never asked to be covered. I thank God for all the little cracks in my life that he's going to use for HIS glory one day.



2 comments:

  1. Amen grl. GOD def taught me that one this past semester. Couldn't have been put better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for you sis :) amazing!! Tell it like it is girl fren :)

    ReplyDelete