Sunday, December 5, 2010

The blog phase

I have been a blogger since the age of 17 and I've been doing this for 7 years now on and off. Recently I had an opportunity to log back into my very first blog I ever created "jubilicious"(yea I know don't judge me LOL). As I read through my entries of jubilicious and an annoymous blog I started I realized how each blog I have started is a reflection of the stages of that particular time in my life. There was the stage where I talked lyke dis and repeated such terms as fo shizzle my nizzle foo!!! (Yes hard to believe LOL) that blog went on till my early 20's. In that phase I also had a co-joined blog w/ my best friend named Gem86 (she's a Gemini and my birth year is 86) needless to stay Gem 86 didn't progress past a few entries and the password was soon forgotten in my early 20's is when I met my first love and started out growing of jubilicious. I also had things to say that could be controversial so I decided to start a new blog and started blogging under that blog for a few years. In that phase I was a bit more grown up and feeling the growing pains. I talked about things like family, friends, things that bothered me and even my relationship. As time progressed inspiration to write about anything was far and few in between and I just felt like no one would truly understand. As my relationship soured as did my blogs...things started to be far and few in between. For most of 2009 I didn't blog...I started a private journal but it was nothing like blogging needless to say that was short lived as well. So this year I felt the need to start fresh. I needed a new site...a fresh look so I started my research and I decided to give blogger a try.

When I first started blogging it was just @ the peak of the internet age and sites like friendster were in demand. Blogging was another means of social network then. Everyone who was on friendster was on xanga telling the whole world about their life and adventures. When I first started blogging it was because everyone I knew was doing it, but eventually everyone started falling off that wagon. I was one of the few that stuck it out. My need to write was always there, and when I really think about it I think in the beginning I blogged for all the wrong reasons. In the beginning phases it was more of a popularity/networking tool, and it grew into something more. I had questions...I had statements that I just could not make on social networks. If it were up to me I would probably have 3 blogs written most days, but with everything that is going on I know that's not plausible at times.

Now that I have started this blog I tell very few people about it, because it is no longer about how many followers I have or how many people comment on it. I write to express myself...I write because I feel as I have something worthwhile saying, and most importantly I write because I think when I really put my mind to it I am a pretty decent writer. This is my hidden Gem...not everyone needs to know about it, because it's for me, and those closest to me. I don't need people to keep tabs on me via my blog, or even corrupt the art of writing by being a band wagoner.

Jubilicious- Growing up...being a teen phase
Annoymous blog- mostly ex boyfriend phase
Any Given Moment- Finding Laila, and blogging about whatever she wants phase....ohhh and growing up too ;-)

3 comments:

  1. "Any Given Moment" Definitely is a beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this guy right here I love him I tell ya!!! lol but I named my blog wrong it is "Any Given Second" I guess I can always change it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Your such a goofball. And I love that side of you

    ReplyDelete