Saturday, November 5, 2011

Out of no where this morning I thought about an old blog I wrote years back. I knew it was something meaningful, but I couldn't remember for the life of me what it was about. So I decided to track it down, and went on my blog from 7 years ago. As I read through some of them I couldn't help but shake my head, and laugh at myself. I came across one particular blog where I was talking about an old friend of mine, and our good times together. I'm not going to lie it made me reminisce a bit, and think maybe a legit friendship is still possible between us. I thought we had good times, and we laughed over silly things, maybe we can still have some sort of laughable moments. So I went on facebook, and started typing their name just to say "hey I'm just checking upon you". As soon as I clicked on their name I realized why we never could as tight as I once thought we were. We grew up and grew out. I wanted to move forward, and make moves and this person was comfortable in their lukewarm ways. Plastered on this person's wall was a pic of their pic with their mother getting wasted. For a minute I felt sad for this person, because the only way they could connect with a parent had to be this way after years of rocky relationship between them.

As I stared at their pic with a bit of sadness I finally had a true realization of why we could never be that kind of friends again. I understood GOD's move in taking this person away from my life. As great of a time we had when we had it...it had to be left behind, because at that point in life we were somewhat on the same page of being babes in Christ, but this person decided that they wanted to continue being a babe. This person didn't want accountability....wanted to be a hearer and not a do-er of the word of GOD. This person just wanted to say I go to church because I'm a Christian, but never lead up the lifestyle that came with it. All of the sudden re-kindling a friendship wasn't as important as it was when I first read my old blog. However, I continue to pray for them....and all others like them. I hope and pray that one day they get a true realization of who GOD is and to be on fire for him instead of being lukewarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment