Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Giving up their right so I can have mine.

I've always said that I can be a soldier. I've said I'm willing to leave behind all things familiar to fight for a cause. I've even said being away from the ones that love me the most wouldn't be so hard. I've said it, but I have yet to do it. In fact, I have stayed in my warm bed, working Monday through Friday and getting adequate sleep. I am able to wake up Sunday mornings and go to church (GOD forbid I should miss a service). Even though I haven't done it I know plenty of people who have. In fact some one very close to me is currently enduring a deployment. He's not only enduring a deployment he is some days working 24 hours straight, being chewed up by his bosses for no apparent reason, missing holidays with his loving family, and even something as simple as getting in his car and driving to church to hear the word of GOD. Him and his team (though they are a medical unit) are doing this so I CAN sleep in my warm bed, go to church on Sundays, and not loose any sleep over who's going to bomb my neighborhood.

Today I read a story about a 20 year old soldier who enlisted last year. He lost his life within the small time frame he was in the military fighting for what he thought we needed. His was stationed in Afghanistan in one of the Kandahar divisions. My throat got a little tight when I read that part. My significant other is near KAF, and I hear the thuds & the bumps when I talk to him. We both realize that if it's our time to go it's our time to do. However, I can never imagine the next time I see him it would be in a casket.

There is a lot of people who do not support this war. They think it's senseless, and I agree with them. I don't see the point of this war, but the truth is it's already started. If not this one it would have been another one. Though it may never make sense to us why so many young people are dying, or for that matter why we are fighting this war it's important that we support the people who are involved. They didn't start this war, they are just doing their job. Just like I wake up every morning and sit in traffic so I can spent 8 glorious hours in an office so I can pay my student loans,and my other bills. They too are just doing is what is asked off them. Not only are they providing for their family and loved ones they're providing us with a service. So the next time you see a soldier smile (believe me they need it), shake their hand and thank them for their service regardless of if they are a cook or someone who is front & center (don't tell them how much you hate the war chances are they do too)

To my soldier, and the men and women he works with I know I NEVER say this enough, but THANK YOU for what you do. Each day you are out there not only are you growing as a soldier of the U.S military you are growing as a soldier for the KINGDOM, and despite what the enemy (cough*higherups*cough) is telling you YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!! I am very proud of you and what you do is a very unselfish deed for people who you have never met, and probably never going to meet.

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU... is such powerful words when its meant from the heart.. amen love this post :) love u also

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've been outta the loop for a minute but this post was very heart felt and I am touched and honored by it. Thank You for your support Juby. I don't think you realize how long your LOVE goes and means to me during this experience.

    ReplyDelete