Saturday, November 6, 2010

What in the WORD!!???

I have had the most blissful past couple of days, and I give God all the glory on that one. These past couple of days are the most I have spent continually in the sanctuary since the 21 days of fasting, and it felt good.

Wednesday night of course was Bible study this week I decided to visit Mark's church since he visited mine the week before, plus we were on the other side of town and it made more sense for me to stay there instead of driving for another hour plus to get to my church. From Thursday to today I have been in a Joyce Meyer conference. At first I didn't think I would be able to make it to anyone of the sessions, then Thursday opened up for Mark, and Friday opened up for me. Saturday I re-arranged the group meeting and it opened up for the both of us, and let me tell you I am so glad that I went to all three sessions in the past I have only made it to one.

The reason I am writing this particular blog is to write about the powerful words we say and don't even realize that we are saying it. On Thursday evening when Martin Smith (former lead singer of Delirious?) opened up with praise and worship and he said "wouldn't it be great if we believed the words that we sang" and the weird thing was I remember looking at the words on the screen, and thought man these are some bold statements to be making. Then Kim Walker-Smith (phenomenal singer by the way) sang "How he loves us". Mind you I've been hearing this song for a very long time, and never thought much of it. I started looking at the words,and thought WOW!!! That's bold!! and I told myself after hearing her sing it I will never look at the song the same ever again. I made that statement to myself because I was impressed with her voice, and her version rather than the song in itself. I still thought it was pretty powerful, but I was impressed by the wrong thing.

Today was the last session. I walked pretty chipper for someone who is tired, and they sang that song once again. Except this time it had a complete different effect on me. Martin Smith said things in trusting God,and how we will continue to dance regardless where we are in life, which was soon followed up by Kim singing "How he loves us". A flood of emotions soon hit me like a typhoon. Maybe it was being able to relate to what he had said about not knowing where God is taking us. You're too far to remember where you came from, and you can't see where you are going, but you're just trusting God. I know what that feels like. For the past year plus I've been trying to figure out what it is that God wants me to do after I graduate, and exactly five weeks from today I graduate. I know what it is to look into my future and not know what is out there for me, but just have enough faith to thread through the waters. This time when Kim sang the song I looked at the words, and I could hardly contain my tears. It was absolutely beautiful, and not because she was singing it but JUST BECAUSE!!!. I looked at each word and soaked it in,and just cried. As many times as my best friend has seen me cry I tried to hide my tears from him, but after a while it was like "WHATEVER". These past couple of days were well needed in my life... I'm SO GLAD! God opened up the doors for me attend all three night when I initially thought I wasn't going to be able to even make it one night.

Now as I end this blog I'm going to leave you with some of the most profound words I have heard this past week, even if we have been hearing it in the past.

He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us oh
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us oh,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

And we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If His grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

That He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.


Be blessed....

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely Beautiful Jube. This is the exact reason why I continue to encourage you to write a book. Your full of so many thoughts, emotions and you would be doing yourself such a disservice to yourself and OTHERS! You blog like it's nothing and these same similar ideas and concepts you have are the same motives to write something bigger. You are more than able to do it. I push so hard for you because I really really do look forward to the day where I can read it. Each year that passes is not a guarantee (PSHT!! Each Day that passes isn't either) Lol. But I really do encourage you to continue to do it. You have a voice and something to share with the world. And I truly believe with my whole heart Your gonna touch many ppls lives in more ways than you can imagine. Proud of you, Love you and ALWAYS here for you. Keep doing what you do and then some. What a Beautiful and Outstanding Blog. Very Personnel and something ppl can relate with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you! You know it overwhelms to even think about it, but through GOD all things are possible so I will keep it in my prayers and ask for his guidance. Thanks for always being there and being an ADDITION in my life. Love you lots :-)

    ReplyDelete