Friday, November 19, 2010

What's True? What's Real?

It's funny how much the enemy has been fighting my mind for the past couple of weeks. There are days I am borderline about to cross over to depression. Sometimes when I get up in the morning and before I even have a chance to fully wake up I'm bombarded with thoughts, and a gloomy feeling. I know a few of my friends my read this and I have to apologize to them because in instances like that I tend to pull myself away from people and its not because of them, but because I am easily irritable, and more sensitive when I go through things like that than I normally am. Also, in the last four months I have made so many strides forward I didn't want them to think I fell off the wagon. It's like recovering from being an alcoholic, and you have that one night you fell off that wagon of victory. You're mad at yourself, you're mad at the world, and most of all you are just filled with a little shame.

I caught myself slipping constantly with my thoughts of self pity, but there were four words I always asked myself when things looked bad "What's true? What's real?". You see the truth of the matter is our mind amplifies a situation 10 times more than it needs to be amplified. Of course the enemy knows where to fight us, and in the last couple of days I've noticed he starts these thoughts on some EXTREMELY petty things like HAIR!!! I kid you not...I almost slipped into bad mood syndrome because of my hair. I really thank God for knowledge because if not for his grace and knowledge I would be deeply depressed right about now. So last night as I sat in my room feeling like Mrs. Gloom, I made a decision that I am not about to stay in this state for too long. The enemy had his fun now it's time to kick him to the curb and for me to move on with my day. I knew I needed a good nights rest (which most problems can be solved with a great nights sleep) so I turned on my laptop and started playing worship music and meditating on the things that it said rather than what my thoughts were telling me. Needless to say I woke up feeling good. I didn't have thoughts trying to bring me down before I even got a chance to wake up. Heck I even kept it cool with certain class mates who get on my ever lasting nerves.

When things look down and out always ask yourself "What is true? What is real?" Because you see my daddy tells me I am more than a conquerer, and that he has plans to prosper me, and that he will never forsake me. Also, if you get a chance please go by your local bookstore and pick up either Loving God With All You Mind By Elizabeth George or Power Thoughts By Joyce Meyer. I find it that both books correlate with each other so you win regardless which book you end up with

No comments:

Post a Comment