Thursday, November 25, 2010

With a GRATEFUL heart

The number ten represent a whole new cycle. It also represents trials and tribulations. As I walk around the house feeling the effects of the first cold front that has swept through the South I started to think about all the things I was thankful for. I heard my Houston dad talking in the background, and my Houston mom laughing, and it occurred to me that even though it has been one of "those" years, and I felt like just staying in my bed most days I am probably one of the most blessed girls in this world. From my family to my friends I got it made pretty good.

This year I got to stay in Houston for Thanksgiving. Not only did I get to spent Thanksgiving with my family I finally got to spent a Thanksgiving with my best friend after four years of knowing each other. Of course this was a big deal because he is leaving for Alaska for the next two years, so only the good Lord knows when's the next time we'll be in 50 mile radius of each other. Marc's cousin flew in from Alanta so I got the pleasure of finally meeting this Robyn I have heard so much about since freshmen year of college. Our day started off with the H.E.B Thanksgiving Parade. This is my very first thanksgiving parade, and it was very Texas styled needless to say.

Robyn and I waiting for the parade to start...














Now you see this was no ordinary parade...this parade including my best friend dancing with "Twitch" (he's a big deal in the dance world, youtube him).

Marc Dancing 

Twitch

He's too cool for school...THIS GUY!!!

BUDDY!!!
















































After the parade we all went to our houses and cleaned up, and re-grouped at my house for lunch/dinner (gained about 10 pounds btw). Needless to say this was the best thanksgiving I have experienced ever since I have been celebrating thanksgiving, and it's really because of God's grace and the amazing people he has placed in my life. Regardless of if you were physically here or not today please know that I love you and appreciate you for the things you do in my life.

I hope the rest of you all had just a great thanksgiving as I did.

4 comments:

  1. Always so loving and encouraging. Def goes down in my top Thxgivings Ever too Jube. Thank You for your hospitality, the invite and your love and support. It's great to do the thing you love most but it's so much more exciting and meaningful when the ones that matter most join you. You and Robyn bein there made it 10x more exciting. Love you so very much and glad myself and my cuzn were able to add on to your experience as You did for ours. LOVE YOU JUBYKINS!!! Always and Forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said one of the best Thanksgivings I have ever had, and GOD!! I'm blessed! To feel like I was with family when they are four hours away...that's truly a blessing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was also a great thanksgiving for me too! From the super early morning parade to the incredible amount of good food, I loved it all. And especially glad I could meet this Juby "I have heard so much about since freshman year" as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself Robyn!!! My Houston parents loved ya!, and they were happy to meet you as well...can't wait till the next time :-)

    ReplyDelete