Monday, June 25, 2012

Oh Honey!

Sometimes working around my boss I feel like I work at a zoo...LITERALLY! My boss is no stranger to animal...cats, dogs, birds, mini ponies, llamas....I KID YOU NOT! Working with her I most times tend to encounter a cat or two.

I love her animals FOR THE MOST PART. One of my favorites is her cat Honey. Honey is very lovable, but at the same time she is VERY clingy. Honey often visits me in my office, and lays around. I often joke around and say "In my next life time I'm coming back as one of the bosses pets". Every time I see every single one of her pets they are just lounging around, enjoying the day, taking in the sun etc. I can't help but be a bit envious. Now you know you  have hit rock bottom when you are a bit envious of a cat. I thought "WOW they have it made...they don't have to worry about a thing"

Cue scripture reminder from GOD:


25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

As I watched Honey sa-shay out of my office I thought....how much more valuable are you? He's already told me I am far more valuable than the bird or a cat, but I sit here worrying day in and day out. How am I going to pay this bill? Do I have enough clothes for this occasion? What am I gonna eat for dinner?

Why? Obviously Honey got a revelation that took me way longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment