Wednesday, June 27, 2012

How is it that your life can change so much and still feel like it's the same.

A friend of mine texted me today and as we were catching up I reminded her that her one year wedding anniversary is coming up. Then I thought back to to year ago, and I felt a bit sad. Since then not only did my brother get married, so did this friend of mine, and my best friend. In the outer corner of marriage I stand. I've never had a problem with being single, but why is that married people make you feel like you don't belong with them sometimes. Right before my bff got married I started to sense change in our relationship. The way we communicated, how much we communicated, what we talked about etc. She went from the girl I always called to the girl who barely knows what's going in my life. I keep hearing she's busy, and I get frustrated, and I express my frustration, but we fall back into the same limbo a few weeks after the talk.

I'm not married, so someone please tell me why is that once you are married (and have been married for awhile) you can't talk to your friends. Make time for them. I totally get that your priorities change, and I don't mind being shifted in schedule, but what am I to do when I'm not in the schedule at all? I remember thinking once that if I were to move back home it would probably because of my bff. So I can be closer to her....now I think...who am I going to move back for? Where would I fit in? If I wanted to go to work and back to my own place...well I do that in Houston...I don't need to drive another 41/2 hours to do the same thing in another city.

No comments:

Post a Comment