Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Me....But not me

After a glorious weekend full of laughter, and loved ones I boarded my plane from SFO to San Diego. As I was walking into the plane I started reading a blog of one of my personal favorite bloggers. As I stood there waiting to enter I wondered "Why can't I be more like her?"

You know in that movie "What a Girl Wants" cute British guy asks Amanda Bynes why she is trying to fit in when she was made to stand out. Since I was a kid I was always a little different from most of the females in my culture. I always had a way of my own....was very vocal, and liked to bend a few rules here and there. In her blog she was talking about her fears of cultural clash, and how out of respect and fear to her parents and culture she has avoided doing certain things in life. The very thing she has avoided to do I have done it multiple times. It's nothing bad...no where near bad, but it's just a big no no with my culture. And because I have always said "bump what ya'll think" there was another side of me that has always wished maybe perhaps I should have been like XYZ....following the rules...be one of them...instead of being the one that is being talked about.

As I asked my self this question, and wondered why I was so different I was gently reminded "because you were MADE this way". You see my culture doesn't like what I do. They may not agree with who I am, but GOD made me this way, and he is more than okay with me JUST AS I AM.

2 comments:

  1. And I LOVE exactly whom GOD made you to be. You are absolutely wonderful

    ReplyDelete