Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Forgive so you can be forgiven

Last week while reading  up for my next Bible Study, I came across the chapter on forgiveness. I learned more about the importance of forgiveness within 30 minutes than I have known my whole life. I kept examining my life to see if there was anyone in my life that I have no forgiven. I kept thinking of people who have recently hurt me, and when I thought about I did not feel any resentment, however the idea of talking to them was a bit more harder. I kept thinking OMG I have to talk to them in order to gain forgiveness. So to get a deeper depth into if I am harboring un-forgiveness I spoke with my pastors wife. I asked her "is it possible to forgive someone, but not talk to them". To my surprise she said "yes" , which completely caught me off guard. She started to share a story with me about a dear friend of hers who she loved with her heart, but she was burned by this person way too many times. She went on to say how if she was around this person that this particular person will jack up her spirit. She started explaining to me saying that you can forgive people, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily good for your life or your spirit.

So here I am laying in my bed, and thinking off all the people we still allow to come into our lives, and jack up our spirits because we think in order to get in "good with GOD" we have to tolerate certain folks. Hmmmmm.....that's all I got folks....not a long entry....just an observation....

No comments:

Post a Comment