Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Are you ready for Hell?

We recently commemorated the 10 year anniversary of September 11. People from near and far poured out their stories and sentiments. I have on many occasions tried to imagine myself on one of those planes or even one of those buildings that burned down. I have wondered "would I have jumped?" "would I have been one of the people that survived to tell about it?" "would I have passed out?". I remember on the day off I spoke with a friend about burn victims. The different levels of burn from 1st degree to 3rd degree, and recently in church we've been talking a lot of the current situation of this nation.

As I was driving home the conversation I had about the burn victims kind of came back to me,and I came home and started doing some research. I searched a few sites to see how hot it would have been inside the WTC when it was burning. I couldn't pin point the exact degree in Celsius as each website had their own P.O.V on how hot it may have been. I got anywhere from 200 to 1000 and then some even higher.

Going back to the conversation of a burn victim, my friend explained in detail the different types of burns. It made me cringe listening to it. I mean can you imagine it? First your top layer of skin melts followed by a deeper burn all the way through to your flesh, and bones. If you are lucky you can pass out from smoke inhalation or shock. Then a bigger truth hit me....that's exactly what hell is going to be like...being burned every single day, every single moment of your life. This time you can't pass out or jump you have to endure it each and every single time. It really got me thinking "Are people really ready for hell?" If you don't think you could have handled being inside the WTC on the day of the attacks are you willing to risk living through that every single day of your life? Is a moment of worldly pleasure truly worth a lifetime of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment