Thursday, March 24, 2011

Written 3/21/2011

As I laid in my bed late last night surfing the web. I saw yet another acquitance on facebook bounce from one relationship to another. As I sat their pondering about this one of the most crude thoughts formed in my mind. And as crude as it is, it made complete sense to me.

If we treated dating a little bit more like a business deal then we would be in for less of a heart break. Now hear me out...I'm not saying be an emotion Nazi, but to more knowing I supposed is the word I'm looking for. Here's the deal....your first conversation with a person tells you a lot about them. You don't need to sugar coat it for them they've already laid it out on the table (let's look at this as the contract). Now after seeing what you see why sugar coat it and go into only to realize months down the line that it wasn't what you wanted in the first place. Then you get the reputation of someone who bounces in and out of relationship...a flake.

My friends tend to get on my case about not giving people chances. That I should go out more often, and that if anything it's at least a free dinner. You see I don't look at it as a free dinner...I look at it as an obligation...I look at it as people saying "she just cant decides she's always dating around"....I also do this because I'm pretty sure of what I DON'T want. You see most guys that try to talk to me as soon as they open their mouth and start talking I listen to what comes out of it. How they handle themselves? How they treat people? If none of these matches up why not just be friends or acquittance because clearly I'm not about to lead you on and give you false hope and waste both of our times.

Am I absolutely wrong for thinking this way?

1 comment:

  1. Nope. It shows you have standards and you stick to em. Don't let anyone ever tell you different =)

    ReplyDelete