Friday, January 28, 2011

Roots

*My apologies if this post seems a bit disarrayed*


I know it's been rather some time since I have done an actual post. Even though I've had a few things I wanted to post on here at that point I myself did not fully process what God was doing, and even to this moment he is working it out for me. But please believe that I will updating soon. HOWEVER, I did want to post something that crossed my mind as I was driving to school today.


In my mind I imagined a government official shaking my hand, and asking me "Ms. Kuruvilla, why do you think our government is doing as bad as it is right now?". To which I responded "Well sir, it is because we have turned away the very thing this country was established on. The foundation of this country was based on religious freedom, but in present day we are not even allowed to bring Christ to school with us at the fear of "offending" someone. God is the root on which this country was established up on, and just like a tree can't flourish after it's been pulled out of it's roots, how can a country flourish once it's been ripped away from it's roots the very thing it was established on"


Then before I called it an evening I decided to read Deuteronomy chapter 29. In actuality the whole book deals with the inner conversation I had today, but then one verse really made me stop, and that was verse 25


And the answer will be: "It is because this people abandoned the covenant of the LORD, the God of their ancestors, the covenant he made with them when he brought them out of Egypt." (NIV) 

2 comments: