Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christian Dieting

Side Note: I wrote this back in March of last year. I just happen to run across while going through my archive in my inbox






This is not a note telling you how to lose weight so if that’s what you are after….umm maybe another time after I learn how to deny myself a sugar rush.

At one point or the other we have all had tried to enforce some sort of diet into our lives. For me it’s nearly impossible because Lord knows there’s a fat kid inside this tiny body. It seems like most of my friends are on a fitness craze this year, and to them I say kudos. Like last night for example…I ate ice cream while my friend was on his way to teach kick boxing (does it count that I ran three miles just a couple of hours earlier? hahaa). When it comes to denying myself things truth be told the only time I can do it is when I am fasting. There’s a purpose behind it, and not just a one day fad (like my dieting experiments), but my friends on the other hand have been faithful with their diet, and turning down sugar while I stuff my face with Dolce De Leche (DROOL). So here I am sitting….thinking….sipping on my coffee and it hits me like 18 wheeler going 90 mph. Why is it that when it comes to looking good we can say no to certain things without thinking twice, but when it comes to our soul we are not as quick to say no? We try to justify our wrong doings by saying “Oh this little thing won’t hurt”…if that’s the case why didn’t you have those oh so scrumdidlicious donuts this morning. It’s just a small little thing after all….why are we so aware of what we let into our body, but not so cognitive about what is being fed into our soul? In the words of Dr. Robinson…questions, comments, observations? 

3 comments:

  1. You got me stumped my friend. Lol Very Very Deep grl. Bottom line, were human and it's the flesh that's in us that want else wise. Bad Habits die hard but... they gotta die. Intense stuff homes. So proud of you and the person your constantly growing into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well like I said there in lies my own question...It is your flesh that wants that donut..I mean you're souls not craving an extra glazed donut, but when you are dieting you say NO! we have goals...we have to look good by this and this time...so why not the same principal for our soul if you know it's not going to be good...especially the same thing you know in your heart of hearts....

    I mean there are some cases where people are totally in bondage over the situation, but sometimes certain people just don't wanna come out of it and they wanna say stuff like God knows my heart...he hates the sin not he sinner...well God knows your heart and he also knows in your heart you really don't wanna turn away from that sin....All i'm saying is you can't get HMO and expect PPO ...don't sit there knowing you're purposely taking this for granted and expect to get into heaven...

    *end rant* lol my bad....

    P.S- Thank you for your thoughts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol NO No, No apologies necessary at all. I totally feel you and completely agree 100%. Just like I said when I was catching you up with you know who. True GOD knows our hearts and hates the sin, not the sinner but at the same time, you gotta meet him half way. As my Pops says... "How much of what we do in life or happens to us is 'Self Inflicted'? Gotta be sick and tired of being sick and tired if you wanna get serious about your soul and being right with Christ. Don't know when the good LORD is comin back so NOW is truly the time to do it. Powerful POWERFUL stuff Juby. So thank you for the reality check grl. That's Real Talk

    ReplyDelete