Friday, March 2, 2012

Heart of Worship

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You,
It's all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You,
It's all about You, Jesus


From the age of 11 to about 20 I didn't know many Christian songs, but this was one of the ones I knew, and sang many times. I love discovering new worship music, but there is a sense of comfort in all the old ones. Yesterday as I rushed to church (due to over sleeping my alarm) I heard this song, and had to pause just for a few moments. 


When the music fades, and all is stripped away and I simply come. That's it! I thought....that's worship. No cheerleaders, no fancy music, just you and I. It's not about I smiled, I raised my hands and it made me feel better....it's not an I thing...it's a YOU thing. Yet somewhere between the music fading and now, it was changed. Worship became singing out instead of singing up. The heart of worship went missing among many. 


Isn't it time we get back?

No comments:

Post a Comment