Sunday, September 12, 2010

All things fall

Stanley Horowitz once said "Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all". I have always thought winter was my favorite season, please don't get me wrong it is definitely one of my favorites...especially living in the midst of all this humidity Houston has to offer I always look forward to our brief winters. The other day I was in my room and within me it felt like fall (autumn). For a minute I made the mistake of thinking the weather outside actually changed only to find out it's as hot as TX can hand it to you. The weird thing is I had that feeling two or three time within the last week. I felt the light breeze that brushes against you in a familiar way, the sun touching your face like God is saying "Good Morning", and that fresh smell of a new season. At that moment it occurred to me I LOVE FALL!!! it's the perfect mix between September weather and November/December weather. It's also a nice gentle reminder of how great God is, and how wonderful life can be if you just stop for a minute to appreciate it, and let that sun bathe you with it's morning glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment