Friday, April 29, 2011

N.O.T.W

Romans 12:2- GOD'S Word Translation

Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect.


The word of GOD says that once we are in him we are no longer of this world, and that we are new creatures. I often find myself wondering if this is true why do I (can't speak for anyone else but myself) spend so much time being off this world,and doing things of this world. If the road is so narrow then why do I conduct construction on it to widen it to fit my lifestyle? 


It's funny how we justify the things we do like for example: recently a friend of mine came back to the church, and really started getting into the things of GOD. When I was going through an episode or didn't feel like being very Christians towards others I used her as a crutch. Instead of thinking so and so in new in CHRIST I should be the one setting an example for her I thought well so and so's parent is in the ministry and they act this way so it must be okay for me to do it too. Knowing good and well it wasn't right for me to act/feel that way. The truth of the matter is I am the representative of the Kingdom, and if my duties include not becoming of this world, BUT becoming a light for it then I should do so. That means my actions, attitude, and even the things that come out of my mouth should be considered twice, because in reality just like I used my friend as a crutch to get away with how I felt someone else is watching me...waiting for that opportunity when I can become a crutch to them. By no means am I saying that I should be perfect 24/7 never make a mistake, for if we didn't make mistakes then we wouldn't need CHRIST. But me personally (and this is something I feel very strongly about) I don't think we should cuss, sleep around, say what we want, do what we want, and still say we are a CHRISTIANS, because that is a total mis-representation of who CHRIST is, and what he did for us on that cross. 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely Right my friend. PREEAACCCHHH!!!!!! (As Much as I LOVE Joyce Meyer), GO AHEAD SISTA LAILA!!!!

    ReplyDelete